Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Song

no title yet.

there's a place deep inside me
that'll forever remain empty
coz i've given so much of me
that i can't seem to gain back

all my life, i've strived to your word
climbing higher, growing taller
my hands reach out to grasp
for a star that'll never shine for me

what will i do when i fall
from this road that i can't call my own?
what will you do when i go?
when i try to follow my own voice?
what will it take for you?
to see me in all my truth?
beneath the lies that i am
that i've told to be the one you want

dreams that burn so brightly
for others, don't come to me easily
because all my life i've told myself
that you won't love me for myself

i need to learn how to be
the person that i am inside
without the fear that you leave in me
that i would never be good enough

No comments:

Post a Comment